Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gonna Start This Thing

I have been thinking about starting a blog for about six months now, and I guess this is finally the time.  So a little about myself I am a 28 yr old guy that lives in Maryland.  I wait tables at a fine dining restaurant I have been doing this for about 6 years now. Call myself lost because I have no idea what I want to do in life.  I found this job and even though there are many things that the average person would hate about it. It's def a good fit for me.  I give up weekends and holidays in the pursuit of money.  I am fine with that I make on avg. an hour double what I could find anywhere else. Given I haven't finished college and not having a clue what I would like to study I enjoy what I do.  So thats about work prob won't here me say much more in future blogs talking about that I mean its food not saving lives.

So then theres the part time poker player.  Well this year I told myself that I would take poker seriously and try to have some success in the world of online poker.  I have played poker for about five and a half years now it wasn't till the last 15 months or so I learned that I can be a winning player.  So many times I would deposit 50 bucks online and run it up to a few hundred or sometimes a few thousand and then get into games that were way above my bankroll and shoot it all off in one night (usually after drinking).  So in the end of Oct. 2010 I had a friend send me 100 bucks on stars and decided that I play only sit n goes and build it up.  Well after a bad start and only 20 bucks left I buckled down and turned things around.  Over the next 4 weeks I turned it into a few hundred and ran like god made a few battle of planets and got a few hundred in bonus money for that.  Then I proceed to chunk off bonus in cash games, which for some reason I can not beat online. I mainly play No Limit Omaha H/L.  I have no idea when or how I made the change from Texas Hold'em to Omaha but once I 1st played it I was hooked.  And having a few friends that are very successful h/l players I got alot of help from them.  In mtt's I have better PLO hi results but sngs H/L runs so much more often then plo so I would say 90% of what I play now is H/L.  So fast foward to Jan started with a br of 1050 and just two weeks in was down to 400. Now being the new man that I am, I moved down and am currently playing nothing higher then .05/.10 plo hi cash buying in short for 40bbs (currently only level cash I can beat) and no sngs higher then the 6.75 level for now. Not gonna move back up to the 13.50 nl08 kos till I have 900 in br again.  So basically this blog will be about my progress of lack there of my quest to get supernova on stars.  And make enough by June to pay for entry and vacation to Vegas for the $1500 Wsop Plo H/L event.  With some cash to blow I think i need to make around 4500 take 3500 for trip and leave myself a 1k br.  So thats the goal for poker right now I have been playing no more then 12 sngs at once and being basically a nit in the games and over the last 2 days it is working.

Next trying to be a "healthy" lost man.  Well that is a struggle that I deal with everyday.  I am currently 6 ft tall and weigh 330.  Its the most I have ever been.  Due to the last 6years of staying out late partying eating horrible drinking too much has gotten me here.  I have been overweight most of my life. But after high school I met a buddy that got me into lifting and eating clean.  For about 3 years I would workout six days a week.  I felt so much better both physically and mentally. Went from 290 to 195 in about a year and half. But I hated my job as a manger in a grocery store thought I wanted to be a personal trainer.  Well got a  part time job working in a gym and that was the start of me not working out anymore.  I thought it would be great gig making 25/hr and working out. Well you get paid for what you sell, and since I was the new kid on the block I didn't get many chances to get many new clients. So the money wasn't there for me and I def didn't get along with the management there either. So I would quit working out due to working two jobs that as the days went on I hated more and more. Trying to have a social life which included too many trips to the bars.  And it seems like the weight came on so slow but boom one day you just wake up and I am like what the hell happened to me.

 So this year I have put myself on a strict budget to save some money to get rid of old debts I have hanging over my head. In the past I have spent way too much on eating out so this year I outlined a budget and knowing that I don't have much money for dining out makes me cook.  The funny thing is I only started cooking at the point in my life when I was training and eating a lot of complex carbs, lean proteins, and veggies. So from a financial standpoint I will also help my overall health.  I joined a gym last year but only went a handful of times each month. So this year my goals are gonna be to workout 3 - 4 times a week no more crazy 6 days. Thats me with most things in my life I am either 75% kinda guy or 125%.  One thing I need to focus on is balance in my life.  I have done really well with not drinking like I used to over the last 2 weeks I may have had 6 drinks or so which is very good ha. Considering that was a normal night for so many years like 5 nights a week. The only thing about eating "clean" as I call is I truly live food, and love to cook. So I know it won't be easy but I have to change now why I am still young enough so I don't end up dead or with a lot of health problems.  

So hopefully this wasn't too long of  a read and please excuse my poor writing skills never was a english guy at all.  It's funny cause a lot of the poker player's blogs I read most want to get into better shape.  Some are overweight some are underweight it seems like a common thing that most want to improve.  Well since we all love winning and are manic to play this crazy game anyone out there that reads this that wants someone to check in on each other workout/diet progress let me know. I know for sure it would help me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment