Thursday, March 24, 2011

1st Live Omaha H/L event

Well just got home today from good old Dover, Delaware. Man nothing to do in that town. Any how drove up for the Spring Poker Classic (jokeament). I knew when i got there that this was gonna be shitty when I go to pre reg for the next days o8b event, and 20mins into the 3pm 6 handed nlh event that day there were yup 6 runners. I wasnt happy. But whatever I drove got a room I am staying. So go to room relax about 7pm i decide to go to play some cash 1/2 nlh. Wow had to wait for a seat because both of the tables are full. Yup 2 whole tables, anyhow long story short start having a few cocktails tables the biggest nitfest except for 2 agrro donks that love the over bet. I buy in for 200 dont play much get A10 os on the button make it 12 bucks 336 two dimond flop i fire get flatted , turn 5 he cks again I fire he flats like 40 on turn. River is Q of dimonds now that is the card I wanta see I think. Most likey he has some hand like 77-99 or a fd, but I have the ace of dimonds so with like a lil over 100 in the pot I fire he thinks and folds 77 face up i show the bluff since this table is so tight.  That bluff made me just rape the same dude later on. Fast forward i am in the game for 200 get to 100 cause of people calling 14 pre with a5os vs my aq. I top off 200 more so in for 400 total, bleed down to 200 again then the dude I bluffed before is in a 6 way limped pot. I am on button with A3 of clubs flop is 233 checks to me i know betting here with 12bucks in the pot is bad turn is a king which i like i am hope n that someone bets it so i can put in a value raise. Nope I decide to check turn is river is great 2 so board is 233 k 2 dude i bluffed bets out 18 into 12 leaving him like 80 behind, gets folded to me i snap pick up a stack for 105 he thinks for 3 secs before calling and telling me he had 88. Lol love it.  So i go card dead for about a hr dont play much then the hand comes up.  I am utg with KK raise it 13 and get 3 callers i am like this will be fun. Mind you I am on my 5th cocktail now so table thinks i am a nutjob cause they all know each other and play together everyday. I get a flop of KQQ wow really i am like well i am not making much here. I check because after i raise and get all those callers i was like opps this is where it gets nuts guy to my left who put on 150 pre b4 with 89 of clubs whom I bought a beer for for that one only loose player there. We had been talking nice guy we will call him guy 1 and dude to his left is guy 2. I check guy 1 bets 20 guy 2 makes it 50. I hollywood for like 20 secs and flat. Guy 1 makes it 100 guy 2 shipps like 300 I get so excited I  snap ship 442 in and guy 1 snap calls 400. WEEEEE  I show my hand they both are pissed and both roll over  QT yes not kq not aq not even qj both didnt think for a sec and think they were beat. So ship the biggest 1/2 pot of my life 1162 wee.  Get up an hr latter booking a 740 win.  Go to bar have dinner sleep for like 4 hours. Get go to play limit o8b 120.00 buy in event got 16 runners what a joke. Nothing went right in the beginning 1st two levels got so many A2kx and ak3x but didnt win a pot. Never got above 6k starting stack untill we were 9 handed. At one point 200/400 level i had 1100.  Built up stack to like 16k or so about avg only 96k in play. I get a269 with two dimonds on button I was gonna raise it pre but there were like 5 limpers i limp assuming all the low cards are gone. The bb raises everyone calls this is at the 400/800 level i think not sure. The flop is QJT with two dimonds, I like it bb bets goes everyone calls then sb raises everyone calls so I know i need that dimond. Boom turn 8 of dimond, and gets checked to me I bet and everyone is hates this card but everyone calls so at this point i think i am good cause they all have each others outs.  I was right black 9 on river and cked to me again and no one calls i take someone out win a 25.6kpot have 35k now 8 handed weeee. Just keep playing tight won a few scoops chipped up to like 50k 3 handed. Was supposed to pay 1st 1009 and 2nd 543 but 3 handed we are at 3k6k level and both dudes are good players. We decide to give 3rd 150 out of the prize pool. So we get hu i have 55k to 41k at 4k 8k we made a deal I took 750 and 2nd took 650. I think thats a good deal. I def didnt need to agree to cut bubble in but since it wasnt a big prize pool anyhow and i was super hungry and tired. Screw it.  So nice trip won about 200 playing tables and after buyin and tips made 1360 from poker. So nice start to these live tournys. Man they play this game so bad live hopefully next week the h/l events i play get more runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment